Thursday, June 28, 2012

Identity

The irony of identity is its reflective nature.
You are what you put in to yourself. What you watch, what you read, who you spend time with. You are greatly effected by what you invest in.

 I find my identity in being a child of God.
The moment I question who I am, I am questioning who God is. I proceed to replace the qualities and beliefs I know are pure, good and true. I then begin to root my identity in what other people think of me, in how much power I hold, in the measure of my success. Unattended the roots plant deeply and I am left looking like a mirror of the world, a reflection of lies.

I want to reflect the truth.
I give up buying in to the lies of the world. God, in my mirror replace the worlds reflection with your glorious profile.
"I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." 1 Cor 2:2


No comments:

Post a Comment