Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fear

What do I fear most?
 Is it rejection of other people?
 Is it failure of success?
 Is it monetary instability?
 Is it a duration of loneliness?

Rather than approach these crippling instigations, I should ask myself;
 Do I fear God well?

If in me is an ever present, unshakeable reverential awe of His overwhelming power, grace and love I shall not be afraid. Correct fear of Him will correct my other fears.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

Why should I give in to unnecessary worry when I am astounded by his omnipotence?
Why should I give in to unnecessary doubt when I am reminded daily of his omniscience?
Why should I fear the mere trifles of this world when I am held by the World Spinner?

Instill in me a renewed, steadfast, healthy fear; This I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment