Sunday, August 26, 2012

Peacocks.

I am in anguish the confused state of college society.
It has become a novelty to accept people for "whatever they define themselves" as. Identity, a defining concrete truth based on who God created you to be, now a gelatin mold shifting to the likes of your modern world view.
We are a diverse population. Hold your breath now...
Diversity; comprised of your age, gender, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, national citizenship, national origin, national region, generation, political ideology, religious/spiritual beliefs, family status, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental ability, learning ability, mental health...are you suffocating yet?
I am being told to be respectful and sensitive towards how I address my peers. I need to be careful because although the individual may look like, talk like, act like, and actually be a man, that individual may not identify themselves as a man. That individual may have made up their mind that they are more comfortable with calling themselves a woman and in turn, I need to put aside all reality and respect their psychological view.
Let me ask, if an animal has four legs, whiskers, fur, purrs, sleeps all day, meows when it wants food, has been named a cat and was created for a designated cat purpose, am I in my right mind to create an alternate purpose for it myself? If I call a cat a peacock just because I think it suits the animal's liking, am I in my right mind?
Can the soul of a person be so lost, in such longing search for acceptance that it turns inward to discover completion? The answer can not be found within. The flesh, the human heart can only muster vain, illusive, false attempts at creating beauty. You can not satisfy your craving to be loved and accepted. 
My generation strives to accept, TOLERATE, "love" all categories of diversity. They have struggled, failed towards this goal for so long that they have been led to create more categories for people to accept. As if to say, really? Will you really accept me for who I "am"? Even if I were different?
You do not need to label yourself as a peackock to prove you're unique. You look ridiculous with feathers taped, dangling and flailing while you furiously attempt to make them stick on to your back. The blue feathers aren't natural. Your attempt to "not conform" to either sex is a cry out for acceptance in a society that says anything goes. 
Why would you want an ever changing, ever molding, untrue, worldly society to accept "you". "You" have become and "it" by stripping yourself of all identification as a human being. "You" have boldly cast out the honor you are permitted to bear the image of your Creator. 
Where was truth buried? God loves YOU for the YOU he created you to be. He views you as his beautiful, precious child exactly the way he created you. You boldly kick him in the gut with your rejection of his artwork, you ignorantly spit in his face when you cross out the title he gave you and rename yourself. If only you could look in the mirror and see yourself with the eyes of the one who deems your identity beautiful and worth of love. Yes, beautiful, you.
You are not accepting who He created you to be. How shallow it must be in your stagnant obscure pond of self discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment