Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adjustment


Lord today is the day
The first day of the rest of this school year, where did the time go? I say this not as with a tone of regret, but filled with wonder at how fast time moves despite my action. I am amazed. God you have worked through my summer like a baker in his dough. I see your hand so graciously, so obviously, so subtly and my soul is love stricken.
You have taught me how to pray, as this is a language ever shifting with growth and maturity. My prayer through this season has been “Lord, remove the things that are not of you and replace them with you.”
I continue this prayer in the start of a new season. Rather than discard it, I take it with me and brand it on my heart. Yet I will not let it be my only prayer.
Lord, teach me how to pray according to your will in this season of my life. I desire to be vulnerable in your hands. Give me the eyes to see, the ears to hear, the mouth to speak and the heart to love. Show me ways each day that I can love you better. Impart to me patience and may my character be one of long suffering. It is not through my own power that I act gently or kindly, these good traits are you shining through. So may I seek your face daily. I pray the pursuit of you would never be placed below any of my priorities.
For my residents I pray that you would guard their hearts, minds and give them discretion. May they be excited to start school as freshman, yet may they be wise beyond their years. Allow them to respond to my ideas and become involved willingly. I pray they would respond to my love for them. May they feel comfortable opening up to me, and if they don’t I pray that I would love them regardless. May my view of them not be fixed according to their first impression, their appearance, their background, their ideas or beliefs; Lord may I see them through your eyes as valuable children of you.
God above all I pursue you. I run to your open arms at the beginning, the middle and end of each day needing oxygen, water, sustenance and only finding it in your care. You are my lover and provider and I submit myself to you. I am yours, knowing and faithfully believing that you will protect, provide and nourish my coming season.
I trust you. I rely on you in all that I do.
In Jesus’ mighty faithful name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment