Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Its Simply Perplexing


“His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.” Psalm 147:10-11

I was arrogant. I was under the impression that I had it all together. I was swimming in the lie that I knew my stuff and could chime in with an intellectual comment on any conversation. I have read this story, I know what happens. I learned about this in youth group, I heard this story in middle school-multiple times. 

The bible did not lose its flavor, I lost my taste. 

When did I begin to stray from the simple? The simple truth; God loves me, he is ferociously pursuing me and I must bend to his will. Through this lens everything else falls in to place, every other more complicated teaching makes sense. 

The fact is, I can’t move past the simple. The moment I begin to think that I understand the beautiful and powerful simplicity of Christ’s love, I have lied. In its very nature it is perplexing.
“How high, how deep, how wide?” I can never know. 

In the simple truth of his love; I am cleansed. I am humbled. I am overwhelmed. I am taught. I am honored. I am chosen. I am called. I am who he created me to be. This is simply the most powerful truth.
Christ’s love compels us.

No comments:

Post a Comment