Friday, July 20, 2012

Excellence

My God does not take the short way out. He does not cut corners. He does not do a sloppy, halfhearted job. He is full and whole in all things good, pure and righteous. 

My God is excellence.

I am called to be excellent.
I must be excellent to the people around me; doing my best to provide for their needs over mine, being trustworthy, honest and loyal in every relationship and holding fellow Christians accountable to the standards Christ calls us to.
I must be excellent in my work; doing a thorough job no matter who is looking, keeping a positive attitude despite the circumstances, spurring coworkers on in optimism and joy from the Holy Spirit, remembering who I am ultimately working for.
I must be excellent to my family; responding to them in love, supporting them in hardship, doing my part to alleviate the load, acknowledging the blessing they are growing with them daily.

God challenged me with excellence. It is a high calling, one I can not accomplish in my own depraved state. With His grace I can emulate the excellent Savior I am continually getting to know. This savior has been clawing my heart, showing me the lack of excellence in my own life. This is my response:

Actions of Excellence 
1.Sacrifice my schedule to invest in people daily. Be intentional about genuine conversation.
2. Question others about their challenges.
3. Seek out a younger girl who I can mentor.
4. Find someone to memorize and meditate on one bible verse together daily.

My list is longer, but too personal to share. I challenge you to open your eyes to the excellence that God is calling you to today. Lets take action together.

No comments:

Post a Comment