Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Only You


I am nothing. I am humble before you God. I am nothing. I have no talent beside what you have bestowed so graciously upon me. I have no inspiration apart from the touch of heaven you place on my lips. Even writing now I feel the foot of greed stepping slowly on to this page. I refuse to let it dwell here. I am a mere vessel; my purpose is to glorify my source and sustainer. What do I gain in a ghastly attempt to glorify myself? The lifting up of a garbage pile, the showy display of filth and wreak of stench for all to admire? Why would I want for my wretched nature to fly on a banner above me, proclaiming gross lies and constant failing? Banish my identity from the banner that flies over my head and reigns over my heart. I am…

No more I. Only You.

You hold my focus, my begging knees plead for Your holiness to fill my gaze evermore. Obliterate me, trample this pattern of daily mortal striving.

EXIST, REIGN, CONSUME, SWELL my heart with the cleansing blood of Your Son; beat your heart in my cavity for which it was crafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment